90 / 100
The movie plot is intensely magnified by the addition of the high-functioning autistic element which drives the movie beyond what would have been just an average action drama without it. It’s not only his genius for numbers but also his love for “incongruity”, that makes the character, Christian Wolff (Ben Affleck), profoundly unforgettable in an innocent way, even when he has a gun in hand.
- Exceptional Character development in both the main cast and supporting cast.
- Some unexpected laugh-out-loud scenes
- A hidden Motor-home stashed full of valuables (I really wish I had one).
- The action scenes are well spaced with enough time in between to form a history of the main autistic character, Christian Wolff.
The shoot out scene defies logic.
- A slight twist reveals something bordering on the unbelievable.
- Not enough revealed about his book-cooking accounting career for illicit and unsavory criminal types.
- A few areas of Christian Wolff’s life are too vague…but may keep the avenue of a sequel open.
Release Date: October 14, 2016
Length: 128 minutes
Producer: Lynette Howell Taylor | Mark Williams
Cinematography: Seamus McGarvey
Production Studios: Rat-Pac Entertainment
Distributor: Warner Brothers
Country: United States
Budget: $44 million
Box office: $155.2 million
Poster & Fair Use: See Source
Other sources for Credits may come from such companies as: the Production Companies, Wikipedia, and Box Office Mojo.